29 March, 2021 @ 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm BST
Founded in 1731 in Beaune by Michel Bouchard, Bouchard Père & Fils is one of the oldest wine estates in Burgundy, perpetuating tradition for nearly three centuries and nine generations.
Bouchard Père et Fils is one of Burgundy’s best known producers and major landowners on the Côte d’Or. Join winemaker Fédéric Weber and export director Europe Cyrille Harmel on a journey through the historic vineyards of one of the world’s most prestigious winegrowing regions.
From Beaune to Volnay, Le Corton to Chavalier Montrachet you will have the chance to taste wines dating back to 2014 from the best crus and monopoles from these famous slopes
This tasting will offer members an insight into Bouchard’s unique Burgundy heritage, tasting some of the domain’s most emblematic wines, including the famous Beaune Grèves Vignes de l’Enfant Jésus, Volnay “Les Caillerets” and Corton-Charlemagne; names which resonate with history. The tasting will also allow an opportunity to taste the Meursault Genevrières, offering a glimpse into Bouchard’s vineyard holdings where they are the largest owners of vineyards in Meursault and will culminate with the exceptional Chevalier-Montrachet 2015, of which Bouchard owns 31% of the appellation.
Discovery Tasting: A Journey Through Domaine Bouchard Père & Fils
Wines to be tasted:
- Beaune Clos de la Mousse Premier Cru Monopole 2015
- Beaune-Grèves Vigne de L’Enfant Jésus Premier Cru Domaine 2014
- Volnay Les Caillerets “Ancienne Cuvée Carnot” Premier Cru Domaine 2015
- Le Corton Grand Cru Domaine 2016
- Beaune du Château Blanc Premier Cru Domaine 2017
- Meursault Genevrières Premier Cru Domaine 2016
- Corton-Charlemagne Grand Cru Domaine 2016
- Chevalier-Montrachet Grand Cru Domaine 2015
- Frédéric Weber – Winemaker at Bouchard Père & Fils
- Cyrille Harmel – Export Director Europe at Maisons & Domaines Henriot
- Chris Losh – Co-founder of The Sommelier Collective