GOSSET MATCHMAKERS is a competition, now in its seventh year, in which teams pair their best gastronomic hand with the finest of wines, competing for the coveted title of Gosset Matchmaker of the Year 2022.
The results are in, and the six teams below have made it through to the finals, which will take place at Le Cordon Bleu’s CORD restaurant on 20th September 2022.
- Sotir Semini & Julien Deschamps from Alain Ducasse at The Dorchester, London
- Tristan Wright & Jason Ramplin from The Dining Room at Chewton Glen
- Max van Sminia & Will Golden from Fenn Restaurant in Fulham, London
- Nicholas Sharp & Sean Flatley from Roots, York
- Arthur Ng & Murid Laly from Spry Wines, Edinburgh
- Daniele Palomba & Stefano Cilia from Zuma, London
At the Gosset Matchmakers Final, the teams will be invited to prepare a dish to perfectly pair and highlight Gosset’s Grande Reserve champagne. Their second task will be to create a dish from a set of ingredients they will be given on the day, and this dish will be expected to match a different champagne, revealed on the day.
Each team must demonstrate their ability to work together and show that they are able to deliver results under pressure. They will present their dishes and wine pairings to a panel of expert judges, made up of some of the best master sommeliers, chefs and wine industry leaders. The 2022 judging panel includes Matthieu Longuere MS from Le Cordon Bleu London, Odilon de Varine, Champagne Gosset Cellar Master, Laetizia Keating, Head Chef at The Pem, James Shaw, Head Sommelier at The Pem, and Guy Nightingale, Director at Louis Latour Agencies.
As well as being awarded the coveted title of ‘Gosset Matchmaker 2022’, the winners will visit Champagne Gosset for a money-can’t-buy experience including a blending workshop with cellar-master Odilon de Varine.