A round-up of the latest drinks news from a selection of leading US publications, websites and influencers.
- by Al CullitonAt the Lobby Bar in the Hotel Chelsea, Brian Evans brings the little-known Whiskey Sour variation back to life. The post Bring Back the Cameron’s Kick appeared first on PUNCH.
- by Punch StaffHere are the five drinks that you couldn't get enough of this month. The post The 5 Most Popular Cocktails of September appeared first on PUNCH.
- by Zachary SussmanCopper-hued, flor-aged, built to cellar—the style’s experimental side is proving there’s more to the category than simply commerce. The post Is This Rosé? appeared first on PUNCH.
- by Valerie Li StackThe Chinese grain spirit is as distinctive as it is varied. Here are the four styles to know. The post How to Use Baijiu in Cocktails appeared first on PUNCH.
- by Amanda ArnoldThe unironic embrace of the vodka Martini, in all its forms, is the ultimate sign of the times. The post It’s No Longer Cool to Hate the Vodka Martini appeared first on PUNCH.
- by Jaya SaxenaThe mini-cocktail has gone from bartender handshake to menu mainstay. The post A Manhattan, But Make It Mini appeared first on PUNCH.
- by Jessica FieldsPeated whisky hasn’t always been part of the popular crowd. Rich and full of deep, smoky flavors, it has a spectacularly complex profile. An acquired taste? Sure. But for those who enjoy nuanced earthy notes and the charred taste of a burning campfire, peated whisky offers an endless world of exploration. The intensity and flavor […]
- by Nicolette BakerOne of the largest wine smuggling rings in China’s recent history has been busted. Several wine retailers in Shanghai were allegedly involved in the investigation, which involved $51.4 million in smuggled wines and $17.5 million in evaded taxes, according to Vino Joy. Chinese media outlet WBO first reported on the investigation based on news tips […]
- by Tim McKirdyIf you’ve only encountered rye whiskey in passing, you may still be familiar with two common descriptions of the spirit: that it’s bourbon’s spicier sibling, and that it’s crucial in the creation of a handful of classic cocktails. While these statements ring true, they also benefit from further elaboration. The article The 30 Best Rye […]
- by Zach GeballeIt took me a while to figure out why, over the last half-decade or so, I’ve started to recoil more and more at the use of the term “low-intervention” in the wine industry. At first, I thought it was because the term is part of a whole suite of wine verbiage that sounds like it’s […]
- by Olivia WhitePrior to today’s bourbon boom, rye whiskey was known as America’s native spirit. And before Prohibition curtailed the category’s growth, rye was also recognized as the most popular whiskey in the country. In order to regain the favor of whiskey drinkers who were turning their backs on rye in favor of bourbon after the repeal […]
- by VinePair StaffOn this episode of “Cocktail College,” host Tim McKirdy is joined by mixologist, author, and entrepreneur Kim Haasarud to discuss the beloved Derby classic, the Mint Julep. They explore the importance of dilution and ice in this drink, how making a Julep is a lot like making southern sweet tea, and reveal some surprising ways […]
WINE INDUSTRY INSIDER
- Dalla Terra Winery Direct® Expands Spirits Portfolio with Addition of Amaro, Bitters and Liqueurs From Historic Veneto-Bbased Distilleria Dell’Alpeby Press Release(September 30, 2022; Napa, Calif.) — Dalla Terra Winery Direct® is pleased to announce that celebrated Veneto-based Distilleria dell’Alpe has joined the company’s portfolio of family-owned estates, further growing the […] The post Dalla Terra Winery Direct® Expands Spirits Portfolio with Addition of Amaro, Bitters and Liqueurs From Historic Veneto-Bbased Distilleria Dell’Alpe appeared first on […]
- by EditorSerial ADA Plaintiff in California Alleged to Be Feigning Blindness in Order to Sue: A Southern California law firm announced Wednesday that it has obtained footage of a frequent filer of suits under the Americans with Disabilities Act that allegedly shows he is not "legally blind" as he has maintained in hundreds of ADA lawsuits… […]
- by Press ReleaseFor the past five years, Nosotros has been one of the largest self-distributed brands in the state LOS ANGELES, September 29, 2022 – Nosotros Tequila and Mezcal and Republic National […] The post Nosotros Tequila & Mezcal Begins Distribution with RNDC in California appeared first on Wine Industry Advisor.
- The PlumpJack Collection of Wineries Celebrates Ten Year Anniversaries of Head Winemakers Aaron Miller, Danielle Cyrot, and Jeff Owensby Press ReleaseHead winemakers at Napa Valley’s iconic PlumpJack Winery, Odette Estate, CADE Estate Winery, and 13th Vineyard by CADE reflect on a decade of achievements Napa Valley, Calif. (September 29, 2022) […] The post The PlumpJack Collection of Wineries Celebrates Ten Year Anniversaries of Head Winemakers Aaron Miller, Danielle Cyrot, and Jeff Owens appeared first on […]
- by Press ReleaseJoin Texas Fine Wine Talk and Tastes on Oct. 13 and Dec. 8 HILL COUNTRY (Sept. 30, 2022) – Texas Fine Wine — which includes Bending Branch Winery, Duchman Family Winery, Pedernales […] The post Texas Fine Wine Announces New Releases for Texas Wine Month, Annual Holiday Wine Bundle appeared first on Wine Industry Advisor.
- by Expert EditorialAs soon as harvest is complete, vignerons need to start preparing their vines and vineyards for dormancy. By Bryan Christiansen The vineyard cycle is split into 6 different stages throughout […] The post Winterization: How to Organize Vineyard Maintenance Tasks Leading into Your Next Harvest Season appeared first on Wine Industry Advisor.